[Tutor] Beginner Noob

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 08:51:07 EDT 2020

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 18:39, DL Neil via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:

> There is a MicroPython which works well on Raspberry Pi SBCs, whereas
> there is a version of C which is native to the Arduino.

May I offer a small correction, because this seems a bit misleading about
the MicroPython project [1]. The whole point of MicroPython is that it
has been designed to run directly on a tiny microcontroller, with no
operating system required, and is optimised for doing so at the cost
of other performance aspects. It can also run on Linux, for development.

Raspberry Pi runs Linux. So although you *can* run MicroPython on a
Raspberry Pi, you generally wouldn't, because there's no point, and
any of the other Linux varieties of Python will probably perform better,
generally speaking, because they will exploit all the advantages provided
by the operating system.

[1] https://micropython.org/