[Tutor] Error from importing numpy and pandas

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 05:19:17 EDT 2020

On 23/07/2020 15:43, gameli godfred wrote:
> *Hello, I get this error when ever I try to import numpy and pandas.
> Please can I get assistance ob how to resolve this? I have tried
> different methods but to no avail. *

It would help to try and isolate the problem.
What happens if you go to the Python prompt and import numpy alone?
Do you get the same error?

If that works try importing pandas alone. Do you get the same error?

Or is it only in combination?

Given that this is unlikely to be your code at fault it is probably an
installation issue. Are you sure your numpy/pandas matches your python
version? How did you install it? Are you using a combined distribution
like Anaconda? Or did you install numpy/pandas on top of a vanilla Python?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site