[Tutor] FW: Python Beginner

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 16:06:51 EST 2020

On 10/02/2020 20:07, David Campbell wrote:

> Please could you direct me to the novice beginner Python user stupid asking stupid questions department please

Hmm, that would probably be us! Any question on Python or
its standard library or programming in general is welcome.

> I am trying to learn Python via Cisco Academy

I don;t know that one but,...

>  and there tutorial states that you should click File etc to create a new file

They obviously expect you to use an IDE of some sort - IDLE comes with
Python but there are many others. They all have a standard menu with
File->New or File->Open items. If in doubt gicve us a shout for
recommendations. But as a beginner, IDLE (sometimes called "Python GUI"
on Windows for some reason!) should be fine.

> [cid:image004.png at 01D5DDE3.1A95B070]

The mailing list is text only so non text attachments get stripped
by the server. Always cut n paste code and error messages into your mails.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site