[Tutor] Modules, sys.path

Blake Blaze blakeblaze15 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:00:46 EDT 2020

Hello,

I've really enjoyed learning Python so far, and am appreciative of the
robust online help available. I've come across a question that I haven't
found a solid answer for though, which is likely due to my inexperience.

I've downloaded Anaconda so that I can use scipy.py. When trying to import
scipy I was getting a ModuleNotFoundError, and then figuring it was because
Anaconda may not yet work with Python3.8 I downloaded 3.7. After doing so
last night, I was able to use the functions in scipy just fine. Today,
though, I'm getting the same ModuleNotFoundError.

I've read a little bit about sys.path and PYTHONPATH. The sys.path is does
not include the opt folder where Anaconda and all the packages are stored.
Should I be able to move Anaconda into the Python.frameworks directory? Or
should I append the opt file path for Anaconda to sys.path? Really confused
by what I may have done last night that allowed me to successfully import
scipy.

Thank you for any advice!

Best,

Blake