[Tutor] Type error when doing Pygame

Cravan savageapple850 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 07:53:57 EDT 2019

Dear Alan and Cameron,
	Thank you for your input. However, after removing the first "screen" argument, I receive another error:
###################
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "final_project.py", line 134, in <module>
    g.run()
  File "final_project.py", line 37, in run
    self.draw()
  File "final_project.py", line 64, in draw
    self.food_food(5, 5, self.food_bar)
  File "final_project.py", line 50, in food_food
    pygame.draw.rect(self, GREEN, fill_rect)
TypeError: argument 1 must be pygame.Surface, not Game

I apologise if this seems like a really silly question, but I don’t really code much and am not really proficient in coding. May I know how to rectify this?

Thanks,
Cravan

On 28/9/19, 7:25 PM, "Tutor on behalf of Alan Gauld via Tutor" <tutor-bounces+savageapple850=gmail.com at python.org on behalf of tutor at python.org> wrote:

    On 28/09/2019 08:48, Cravan wrote:
    > class Game:
    >
    >     def food_food(self, x, y, cool):
    >

    > And here’s the Error I’m receiving:
    >

    > ################################
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    >

    >   File "final_project.py", line 65, in draw
    >
    >     self.food_food(screen, 5, 5, self.food_bar)
    >
    > TypeError: food_food() takes 4 positional arguments but 5 were given

    The definition says 4 parameters including the implicit self.

    But you pass 4 parameters plus self. Hence the error.

    It looks as if you are passing an extra value - presumably 'screen'

    --
    Alan G
    Author of the Learn to Program web site

    Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org