[Tutor] don't steel my code Mister user

nathan tech nathan-tech at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 19:45:08 EDT 2019

Hi there,

Hope you like the subject, I was feeling inventive.

my question today concerns compilation.

I hear this a lot from the communities I hang around in, and it is
something I wonder about often.

There are tools like py2exe and pyinstaller that are able to compile
your python code into .exe format.

but why bother?

Lets use a metaphorical example.

Lets say I create a program called awesomesauce.

In awesomesauce, you boot it up, it checks your user key and sends that
up to a server which says if you've paid for the product.

Now then, mister user comes along.

He decompiles it with pyinstaller ("Which I'm told is easy"), removes
the check, and has himself a free product.

So how are people doing it?

I'm told that many commercial, business, and game-world programs are
made in python, and are pay to use, or are yet to be source code stolen,
but how?

I'd appreciate any tips you may have.

Nate