[Tutor] Inserting long URL's into comments & docstrings?

James Hartley jjhartley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:36:56 EDT 2019

This should be a slow ball pitch.  Unfortunately, I haven't stumbled across
a reasonable answer yet.

On occasion, I put long URL's into comments/docstrings simply to document
where I found specific information.  However, to be a good disciple of
PEP8, anything which can't fit within 72 characters needs to be split
across multiple lines.  Since a number of you seem to be prolific Python
coders, what opinion do you have about splitting URL's in
comments/docstrings?

Thanks!