[Tutor] Python Imported Code

Albert-Jan Roskam sjeik_appie at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 13:45:57 EDT 2019

On 25 Jun 2019 15:50, stephen.m.smith at comcast.net wrote:

Introduction:

I have written a 'program' that does some reasonable screen scraping off of
a specific website. The program has gotten too large so I have tried to
segment it into logical pieces (tkinter logic as a start) but I am having
problems. Specifically I need to pass several dictionaries to the module
(imported code) that validates some user selection and into the code that
navigates through the website.

====》》 Hi, not sure if you could use it here, but I was triggered by the term "validation":
* Tkinter allows you to define a validationcommand, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4140437/interactively-validating-entry-widget-content-in-tkinter
* You can also define tracers. These are functions that are triggered when a Tkinter var (e.g  StringVar) is changed.
* You can also bind events to a function. For example a <focusOut> event from an Entry checks the entry contents and colors it red if it's invalid.

It's been a while since I've used this but those tricks may come in handy!

Albert-Jan