[Tutor] Web framework module for Python.

mhysnm1964 at gmail.com mhysnm1964 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 02:56:03 EDT 2019

All,

I am currently not sure where to start with my query.

I have a SQLite3 database which currently is being accessed by python code.
I am seeking a simple python module which would support a local web app in
order to update and  insert rows, and run reports  . This web app I am
creating is never going to ever see the public  internet. In fact, it will
be using the localhost address. So I do not require a full blown web server
like apache. If there is a simple python module that can run a web server,
this would be great. If there is a python module that can assist in building
the HTMl, this would be great as well. I am not sure how to link python and
the web HTML page together and haven't found anything that is clear on
addressing my needs.

Note: PPySimpleWeb does not fulfil my requirements. As there is
accessibility issues with this module preventing me using it for web. EG: My
screen reader that I use complains about most of the elements which are
generated. I thought of this and tested it. Thus why I have ruled it out.

The web pages are going to have:

*	Tables containing report outputs
*	Forms with edit and select tags and buttons/links.
*	Some Headers and basic HTML structure elements.

The web page is not going to have any fancy structure or visual effects at
all. I am more than happy to hand-code the HTML/JavaScript. I have had a
quick search and found a range of modules. Most of them indicate they are
for CMS web sites and look far to complex for my needs.

If someone could point myself to a module and possibly a tutorial for the
module. I would be grateful. Hopefully this is not to of a open question.