[Tutor] How to use "curses.resizeterm(nlines, ncols)"

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sun Feb 24 20:30:08 EST 2019

> All is is_term_resized, resizeterm and the "internal" resize_term
> functions are recent additions :-) From "man 3 resizeterm":
>
>   This extension of ncurses was introduced in mid-1995.  It  was
>   adopted in NetBSD curses (2001) and PDCurses (2003).

For some definition of "recent" :)

I have an odd relationship with curses, I was at UC Berkeley when Ken
Arnold adapted it from bits of Bill Joy's vi - "we" needed a
terminal-independent way to address things when the ADM3A terminal and a
bit later the HP 2621 turned up, making such programming possible (he
needed it for rogue, as I reacall); the version of curses we all use now
was shepharded by Pavel Curtis, a classmate of mine from Berkeley High
School.  That said I don't know any magic stories...  a number of Python
modules have made an easier to use interface to a popular library but
curses seems to be pretty much a direct transliteration, warts and all.