[Tutor] No module named uno in virtual environment

Jim jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 19:46:46 EDT 2018

On 09/08/2018 05:26 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 09/07/2018 03:10 PM, Jim wrote:
>> Mint 18.1
>> System python3 3.5.2
>>
>> Python3-uno is available to the system python3. How can I make it
>> available to python 3.6.5 in a virtual environment I installed using venv?
>
> with your virtualenv activated, just install it.
>
> python -m pip install uno

My bad, I did not explain what python3-uno does. It is a system package
that lets python interact with libreoffice. The uno that pip installs is
a html generator.

I used apt to install python3-uno on my system. System python3 can use
it and the python 3.5 in one of my virtual environments can use it.
Python 3.6 in my other virtual environment cannot access it.

So to re-phrase my question. Python3-uno is installed on my system what
do I need to do to get python 3.6 in a virtual environment to use it?

Maybe I am missing something obvious. With all the advice given to use
virtual environments I would think that this problem has come up, but
googling did not produce a solution.

Regards,  Jim