[Tutor] i really need help

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 30 12:31:58 EDT 2018

On 30/05/18 11:09, erich callahana wrote:
> I need to know how to access the window where > in the menu at the top it says run

You need to help us out here.

What program are you running or trying to run that has
this Window? It sounds like an IDE of some kind,
maybe IDLE? But most IDEs have a Run menu so its hard
to know where you should look unless we know the program
you are using.

What OS are you using and which Python version?
Are you following a tutorial/video or book?
If so which?

> and that’s where I can test my script, basicall> I have no idea how to test my script

The simplest way is to use the OS prompt
(CMD.EXE in Windows or Terminal application
in MacOS or a shell window/console in Linux)
That should give you a prompt ending in either
$ or >.

Type

> python full/path/to/myscript.py

And your code will run in that window.