[Tutor] Choice of tools

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 9 19:14:35 EDT 2018

On 9 May 2018, at 23:54, Brad M <thebigwurst at gmail.com> wrote:

>As an aside, I can't get "Error squiggles" to show up in my .c project in
>visual studio 2017, where as in my .cpp project it promptly notifies me

I don't know visual studio so this is a guess. But remember that c and c++ are very different. C++ is much more strict than c so it is possible that the ide is simply following the rules of c and allowing you to do dubious but legal things in c...

But that is just a guess.

> However, I am a lose for choosing my next editor/IDE...

I'm a vim and shell man myself but when working in c++ and java, as I occasionally must, I use eclipse.

But if possible I avoid ides and keep things as simple as possible, especially for python.

Alan g.