[Tutor] Can someone help me start learning how to code?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 04:44:12 EDT 2018

On 29/03/18 23:28, Deniz Baydemir wrote:
> I want to know where to start and if i can get assigned homework maybe?

Everyone learns differently so its hard to give a single recommendation.

The Python.org web site has a page dedicated to complete beginners with
several tutorials linked (including mine- see below)

There are also many video courses on YouTube.

Finally several organisations (inc Amazon/Coursera etc) run formal
courses online - some even issue certificates etc at the end.

Most of these are free, so try a few out and, once you find one
that makes sense, stick with it. If you get stuck on anything
feel free to ask questions here.

One thing to watch out for is that you need to ensure your Python
version matches the tutorial. Don't try to do a Python v2 tutorial
using Python v3 for example, you will run into lots of problems.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site