[Tutor] Beginners Book, Python and PyScripter

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Dec 3 09:02:53 EST 2018

On 12/3/18 3:35 AM, James Stapleton-Cotton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On this page (
> http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english3e/way_of_the_program.html)
> - a book for learning Computer Science using Python - I am directed to (
> http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter) in order to access the appropriate
> program development environment, PyScripter. I have downloaded the latest
> version of Python from Python.org and PyScripter from a site that I am
> directed to from the original site mentioned in the beginning of this email
> - (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/files/), however I can't
> seem to be able to run PyScripter on my Mac.

it looks like from the project's own description that PyScripter is
intended solely for the Windows environment.

But there are a TON of other IDE products, free and commercial, out
there, many of which do run on the Mac.

This may be information overload, but try looking here:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments