[Tutor] AttributeError: 'BezierPath' object has no attribute '_draw_solid'

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 11:32:46 EST 2017

On 20/11/17 11:24, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 10:26:50AM +0000, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
>
>> Actually, pasting code etc is safer since the server removes
>> attachments. And while it is supposed to preserve plain text
>> attachments it will throw them away if it sees *anything*
>> that it thinks looks like binary.
>
> Let's do a test and see what happens! Attached is a .py file in UTF-8.
> If that passes through, I think we're good :-)

I think code will normally work unless thee are some odd
characters in strings etc.

But we have had a couple of cases of py files getting lost.
(As in, I could see them in the moderation queue but
they were not in the final posted message)

But my main concern would be data files where anything
that looks like binary will almost certainly go awol.

>> corporate accounts that strip all attachments regardless

> Given the popularity of HTML email, corporate logos attached as images,
> and the ubiquity of emailing PDF and DOC/DOCX files in the business
> world, I would be stunned to come across any corporation that stripped
> all attachements.

I know of at least 3 large corporations that do that.
Security is paramount for these guys.

It will not apply internally but their firewalls just totally
strip any incoming attachments regardless of source or type.
At least one will even block mails that look like they contain
code in the body text- so even pasting code wouldn't work there.

Alan G.