[Tutor] AttributeError: 'BezierPath' object has no attribute '_draw_solid'

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Mon Nov 20 11:28:53 EST 2017

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 9:55 AM, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> On 11/20/2017 09:34 AM, William Ray Wing wrote:

[byte]

>> As an experiment, I took the code and moved it to my laptop (MacOS, running 10.12.6 where there is a complete Anaconda installation that contains self-consistent versions of everything Dr. Molnar imports (Python 3.6.1 incidentally).  There the code runs perfectly.  I’m appending a copy of the .png file it produced, and although I expect it to be scraped off by the gateway list-server, it should show up in Dr. Molnar’s e-mail.
>>
>> Bill<Mail Attachment.png>

[big byte]

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  I'm relieved that the code works!
>
> I've just encountered something strange.
>
> I haven't been using Python very long, only about six months or so.  When I started I  look at a number of different IDE, and settled on     Spyder, although not in Anaconda.  I just installed Canopy in order to use the ipython notebook, and the code ran perfectly in the Canopy editor!!!!  Perhaps I should switch IDE's, but I rather like the Variable Explorer feature in Spyder.
> --
There are lots of IDEs.  Some of them have more trouble than others dealing with graphics from within a GUI window.  I happen to use (and like WingIDE - the name collision is purely an accident).  It supports multiple sub-windows, including ones for examining variables, and also running short snippets of code independently of the main code (thus, and very handy in science, plot an array as it exists at a break point to see what it “looks” like, and not just look at numbers).  I would highly recommend you explore alternative IDEs.

Bill