[Tutor] Creating tables in Tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 05:00:50 EST 2017

On 19/02/17 16:18, Pooja Bhalode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a simple table. But I was wondering how do I get the
> title of the table to span over multiple columns in the first row.
> Code:
>
> from Tkinter import *
>
> root = Tk()
> root.geometry("700x500")
> Label(root, text = "Table 1").grid(row = 0, column = 0, sticky = W)

grid has many attributes, you can see them using the help() function:
-------------
Help on function grid_configure in module tkinter:

grid_configure(self, cnf={}, **kw)
    Position a widget in the parent widget in a grid. Use as options:
    column=number - use cell identified with given column
                    (starting with 0)
    columnspan=number - this widget will span several columns
    in=master - use master to contain this widget
    in_=master - see 'in' option description
    ipadx=amount - add internal padding in x direction
    ipady=amount - add internal padding in y direction
    padx=amount - add padding in x direction
    pady=amount - add padding in y direction
    row=number - use cell identified with given row (starting with 0)
    rowspan=number - this widget will span several rows
    sticky=NSEW - if cell is larger on which sides will this
                  widget stick to the cell boundary

Notice the columnspan option.
set it to the number of columns in your table.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site