[Tutor] [Python 2.7] HELP: Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80 not proceeding

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 17:09:27 EST 2017

There are several issues here, I'll try to address
them separately below...

On 16/02/17 13:26, Allan Tanaka via Tutor wrote:
> Not completely sure why it doesn't open the chart on the web browser

You haven't shown us chart.html so we can't guess how your data
in ticks.json is supposed to get into charts.html to be displayed.
Does ticks.json exist and does it look like you expect?
If so its probably not a Python problem but a web one.

> when i type this in the windows command prompt (cmd)
> python -m SimpleHTTPServer port 80.

Your code says you are using port 8000:

    print "Done. Goto 0.0.0.0:8000/chart.html"

Which is it?

> So first i type python ml.py data/sample.csv in cmd
> windows and then python -m SimpleHTTPServer port 80,
> but it's not proceeding to the graph in html??
>

> See attached image for screenshoot and complete .py file

This is a text based list so attachments, especially
binary files like images,  are usually strippped out.
I can see the .py file but that's all. Can you post
the image on a web site somewhere and send a link?
Or if its text just cut n paste into a mail?

I can't really comment much as its mostly numpy, pandas
and sklearn code which are all a bit off-topic for
this list.

But we need a bit more about the environment to
figure out where the issue lie.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site