[Tutor] Help with random in Tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 12:38:35 EST 2017

On 13/02/17 13:30, Lisa Hasler Waters wrote:

> It runs fine when we use IDLE. But, we love PyCharmEDU as it is much more
> user-friendly and so we hope to run the same programs in it as we can in
> IDLE.

That shouldn't make much difference unless PyCharm sets its
default folders differently?

BTW running GUI programs from inside an IDE is always slightly
dodgy, the IDE tends to trap all kinds of things that might
happen when you run the program outside the IDE. Its always
worth testing GUI programs by launching them from the OS
 - eg by double clicking the file in Finder on OSX.

The IDE is fine while coding and debugging but it should
be thought of as a draft only, the final code needs to
be run outside the IDE before you can be sure it works.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site