[Tutor] Issue with set_value function

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 05:56:49 EST 2017

On 13/02/17 07:23, Yap Gerald wrote:

> I have a problem with the functions set_value which I could not find a
> solution on the net.

This is very confusing. You don't use set_value() anywhere
in the code you posted? You don't describe what the actual
problem with set_ value() is.

And most of all you don't tell us what set_value() is - its
not a standard Python function.

In short, it's impossible for us to guess what set_value
is, how you use it or what the problem is.

Simply posting input and output data and a random function
doesn't help us at all. We are not familiar with your
work area, we don't know the context. We have no idea
what the output should be. You need to help us to help you.

One thing I would say is that it looks sufficiently
technical that you should probably be using SciPy/NumPy
if you aren't already; that may be where some of your
functions come from?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site