[Tutor] Copy/Paste in Tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 13:47:16 EST 2017

On 04/02/17 16:09, Pooja Bhalode wrote:

> I do not have a text box, but a GUI similar to a word editor.

That sounds like a text box to me!?
What are you using to enter the text if not a Text widget?

> I was learning from youtube videos about this.

You can start with the GUI topic in my tutorial(see .sig)

It contains links to a couple of other Tkinter tutorials on
the web. The Python.org Tkinter page also has links.
All of these cover text processing to some degree.

Finally there are a couple of books to consider:
1) Python & Tkinter by Grayson on Manning Press
2) Programming Python 4th edition which has about
400 pages of Tkinter material, including a text editor.

3) And I can't resist a plug for my recent book "Python Projects"
which has a more modest 30 page intro on Tkinter, but
includes coverage of the get, delete and insert text methods,
as well as how to set fonts and build menus :-)

You may be able to get these via your local public/college library.

--

Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site