[Tutor] Code

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 22:15:37 EST 2017

Welcome to Tutor!

We won't do your homework for you, but will help you if you get stuck.
Normally you would show us your current best coding effort and we
would help you from there.

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Vinay Rao <vinrao21 at pds.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need help coding the range formula, and we don’t really know how to do it. This is the formula, R=(V2Sin2theangle)/(g). We are trying to solve for the angle.

To get you started, I might suggest the following outline of what to do:

1)  Put your range formula in proper mathematical form.  Assuming your
email formatting did not get mangled, you have a little bit of cleanup
effort to get the formula right.  Example, V is squared not V2.

2)  Use your knowledge of algebra and trigonometry to solve for the angle.

3)  Express this solution in Python terms, using "*" for
multiplication, "/" for division, etc.  Use understandable variable
names.  You will probably want to use the math standard library.

Attempt this and if you get into trouble copy and paste both your
actual code you tried to run and any error tracebacks into a plain
text email and we will endeavor to help you along.

HTH!

--
boB