[Tutor] When do you know you're ready to start applying for jobs?

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:43:14 EST 2017

Hi all. I took 2-3 years off in 2012 to teach myself programming. I
learnt basic Javascript & Python with some Django. I don't have a
Computer Science (CS) degree so I never applied for a job because I
always thought I still had lots to learn and most jobs say a CS degree
is required. In 2015 I had to stop my learning to find a real minimum
wage job as I needed to support myself. I will never know now if I
would have got a python job had I applied. It's now december 2017, so
I haven't touched programming in 2 years. I've forgotten most of what
I learnt now. :( I'm now financially secure to give programming
another go but I don't know how I feel about relearning everything I
forgot. Is it's worth it? What are your thoughts?

Can I get a junior programming job without a CS degree?
When do you know you're ready to start applying for jobs? How can a
self learner ever know?
should I have applied for some jobs back in 2015 when I was still studying?
What are your opinions on my situation? Is learning Python all over
again worth it without a CS degree? would I be wasting my time?