[Tutor] remove ^ in field

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 04:44:41 EDT 2016

On 04/10/16 20:14, PERRAS Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sending lab result in HL7.

You need to give us much more information.
Do not assume we know what HL7 is, I certainly don't.
Also this is a text list and attachments are usually
stripped off, so if you sent something it didn't get through.

> In the following example, I want everything (^^^^PATNUMBER~000925015-001)

I assume the bit in parens is the "example"?

> after 000925015 in PID3-1.

But I have no idea what PID3-1 means
Also is the 000925015 a fixed value or is there a more
general pattern involved? If its fixed then extracting
your data is easy but if its a pattern then we might
need to use a regex.

Also what version of Python are you using? And which OS?

But you need to explain more clearly what you are trying
to do, what the input and output data looks like and how
you are approaching it, plus any errors you get.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site