[Tutor] which is best python 2 or python3

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon May 23 08:34:36 EDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 01:24:21PM +0530, Palanikumar Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> Hi buddies,
>                     I read one article on internet which is said python 2
> and python3 is totally different in programming.
> As a beginner which i prefer for my learning,  python 2 or python3 ?

They are not total different. They are very similar: like British and
American English. Most things are the same, a few things are slightly
different.

As a beginner, you should choose a tutorial, and use whatever version of
Python the tutorial uses.

But if you have a choice, Python 3 is more modern, and has more
features, and has fixed some problems with Python 2. You should use
Python 3 for new projects.

--
Steve