[Tutor] META: Moderation and subscription to the tutor list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 1 05:25:22 EDT 2016

On 01/05/16 10:06, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

> Quite a lot of people use the digest service, especially lurkers.
> (A quick scan of the members lists suggests around 35-40%
> of all members use digest). I'd be reluctant to remove a
> service that is so widely used.

I've just had a look at the digest options and one possible option
is to send a Mime format digest rather than plain text. I'm not sure
what that would mean in practice but from experience on other
lists it may mean users see individual messages that they can reply to.
This would potentially avoid the long multi-message replies we currently
see. I don't know how it would affect threading.

I therefore propose to switch on MIME digest mode as a trial
at the end of next week if I don't hear a compelling reason
not to...

Hopefully most modern mail tools can handle MIME digests nowadays.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site