[Tutor] python smtplib 'Message denied - From address spoofing attempt detected via SMTP

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Fri Mar 25 18:18:57 EDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016, nitin chandra wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I am trying to script a confirmation mail on submission of a form.
>
>Till now the form submission and summery page is working.
>
>BUT the following 'section' is not working.
>-- This is a python(CGI) script
>-- hosted on a shared server on hostgator.in
>
>-- This is giving "250 Spoofing error ....", below copy/pasted error
>log of apache with respect to my website

The problem isn't with the python usage, but basic SMTP checking to prevent
spamming and such.

It's indicating that it thinks the 'From:' address, <no-reply at jss.hs.org>
is bogus.

There's no MX record for jss.hs.org, and no IP address for jss.hs.org
either.

The From: address should be legitimate and deliverable.  It might
also accept a legitimate 'Reply-To:' address.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.  It can only
exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largesse out of
the public treasury.  From the moment on the majority always votes for the
candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the
result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always
to be followed by a Dictatorship.
	Professor Alexander Fraser Tytler.  1801