[Tutor] (SIP installation problem) Best way to install Python 3 onto Windows 10

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 17 19:44:30 EDT 2016

On 17/03/16 11:32, CMG Thrissur wrote:

>>> But Winpython portable version works like a charm on windows.
>>
> I think linux is much better and i will stick to it, but at work i have
> to work on win 10 and that to i sometimes have to make python utilities
> for others to work on which requires a gui,

Sure I understand that. I use Linux 90% of the time but other people use
Windows so I have Windows boxes too.

> Now i have a little good understanding of c++ and through it Qt

Ok, if you know Qt stick with it.

> pyqt will be installed easily as it gets installed on linux but to my
> surprise it doesn't.

I think it is if you use a binary installer.
I did load it up once on windows a long time ago, decided I
didn't like it much and went back to Tkinter. But it wasn't
very hard to get it working - I'd have given up sooner if
it was!

> Thanks for enduring my rant and frustration on the topic.

It's fine and explains your choices. Sometimes it's good
to just let go ;-)

> the same with pyqt group maybe they have some idea

There are a lot more of them using Qt than on this
list that's for sure. I hope you get something
working soon.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site