[Tutor] Urgent: unicode problems writing CSV file

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Jun 8 09:54:23 EDT 2016

All,
I'm working on a project that writes CSV files, and I have to get it done
very soon. I've done this before, but I'm suddenly hitting a problem with
unicode conversions. I'm trying to write data, but getting the standard
cannot encode character: ordinal not in range(128)

I've tried
str(info).encode("utf8")
str(info).decode(utf8")
unicode(info, "utf8")
csvFile = open("myFile.csv", "wb", encoding="utf-8") #invalid keyword
argument

What else can I do? As I said, I really have to get this working soon, but
I'm stuck on this stupid unicode thing. Any ideas will be great. Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com