[Tutor] Trouble Launching Python

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:17:31 EST 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 7:12 PM, George Fischhof <george at fischhof.hu> wrote:

> this is a Microsoft visual c++ redistributable is missing from system.
> I found this stackoverflow link which seems to describing a solution
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33265663/
> api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-is-missing-when-opening-microsoft-office-file

There is no reason in this case to install the VC++ redistributable
package. Python is written in C, so it only needs the C runtime, which
is now an OS component. I provided a link for the updated download for
the Universal C Runtime, KB3118401. The above Stack Overflow answer
mentions KB2999226, which is the old, outdated update from well over a
year ago.