[Tutor] 2 vs 3

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 7 12:01:00 CEST 2015

On 07/09/15 10:32, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Mon, 07 Sep 2015 10:16:16 +0100, Alan Gauld writes:
>
>> And of course if you are really moving to the v3 way of
>> doing things you should move to using the new string
>> formatting style.
>
> I don't think there is any great push to prefer the new style over
> the old style 'just because' when you are doing simple things.

No 'big push' because there's too much historic code out there.
But I thought I'd read somewhere when it first came out that
the old style was deprecated? But I may be hallucinating! :-)

OTOH the new style brings enough benefits, especially in the
areas of dynamic formatting,  that I'd strongly suggest moving
to it if you are making the jump to v3 anyway!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site