[Tutor] Are there any Python-based GUI builders for tkinter

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Oct 28 04:39:55 EDT 2015

In a message of Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:20:56 -0500, boB Stepp writes:
>I have a friend at work and he is trying to develop GUI applications
>in Python, but he does not want to hand-code them.  Are there any
>commercial or non-commercial products that would do this for him?  He
>tried his own online search but was unsuccessful.
>
>His OS is Mac OS 10.10 and is using Python 3.5.
>
>TIA!
>
>--
>boB

check out QtDesigner

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtdesigner-manual.html

or QtCreator
http://www.qt.io/ide/

if you want the whole process to happen inside an IDE.

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/Creating_GUI_Applications_with_PyQt_and_Qt_Designer may be useful as well, though its a little old by now.

Laura