[Tutor] Help with writing a bean bag toss game in python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed May 20 11:25:55 CEST 2015

On 20/05/15 03:53, Grace Anne St Clair-Bates wrote:
> Hello! I am trying to code a bean-bag toss game in python where the program
> generates three random dots inside a turtle graphic. Each different hole
> means a different score, but I don't know how to write the function to
> calculate the total score with all three random points and display the
> score on the score board. It is hard to explain,

One of the things you learn in programming is that you can't write code
until you understand the concept. So before you worry about the code you
need to think more about what you are trying to do. Once you can
articulate the problem the solution will be easier to see.

And if you can't explain what you are trying to do there is little
chance of us guessing what it is.

As a start you could try sketching the user interface of your game.
Name the elements. Then describe the interaction between the user
and the game. (FWIW This technique is known as writing a use-case
in software engineering) Include all the alternative outcomes for
a given action.

HTH
--
Alan G