[Tutor] Ancient Python versions

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 1 02:50:53 CEST 2015

boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:15 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > If you actually need to read the documentation specifically for a
> > Python version that has not been supported since 2008, then I agree
> > that is a problem.
>
> I'm pretty much stuck with these relics of Pythons past.

Then you are, unfortunately, stuck with the documentation for that
version. It will not be updated any more, because support for that
ancient version has ended.

> > The documentation has improved since then. If you want newer-looking
> > documentation, maybe you should not expect it from a Python released
> > nearlt a decade ago?
>
> No, I am not looking for fancy aesthetics. I am looking for
> intelligent use of whitespace, so that everything does not run
> together into a nearly indistinguishable blob. Bold main section
> headings would be nice as well. All of this has been possible forever
> and evermore. Readability counts! ~(:>)

So you might like to borrow the Python time machine and complain to the
people of the mid-2000s.

Complaining about it today, when the currently-maintained documentation
does not have these problems, is futile.

--
 \         “Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.”  (“Whatever is |
  `\                      said in Latin, sounds profound.”) —anonymous |