[Tutor] Identifying V3 examples

Jon Paris jon.paris at partner400.com
Thu Jul 23 22:23:29 CEST 2015

On Jul 23, 2015, at 4:14 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:

> In a message of Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:10:14 -0400, Jon Paris writes:
>>
>> Thanks for the info Laura - I don’t think I can use it though unless it provides for activation against only one email account. For the vast majority of my mail (this is my only usenet type group) I need it the “normal” way.
>>
>> Anyway - thanks again. You’re the first “friendly face” I’ve encountered here.
>
> This is really sad.  The tutor list is _supposed_ to be friendly.  If
> we aren't being friendly, or worse, not being compassionate, then we
> are _failing_ at our job of providing an environment where people
> can learn how to program in Python.

Well I confess that is what I was expecting, and certainly you have been very friendly for which I thank you. It did feel a little odd to come to a beginners group and immediately get dumped on.

C’est la via. I have now found a number of people familiar with Python in my own “universe” (IBM i systems) so hopefully I won’t have to run the gauntlet here too often!

Thanks again.