[Tutor] PyDeadObjectError: MainFrame deleted

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jan 15 05:20:06 CET 2015

Paul LaBerge <paul at labergedaylight.com> writes:

> I was using a python script created GUI. The GUI locked up and
> produced the following message when I closed it.

Is this Python script your own code? If not, it will be good for you to
correspond with the author(s) of the code.

> Can someone tell me if the “MainFrame” object is in the GUI or part of
> Python ?

The traceback output shows where the exception was raised. The end of
the chain of calls shows:

>  File "/usr/local/lib/wxPython-3.0.1.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-osx_cocoa/wx/_core.py", line 16709, in __getattr__
>    raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name)
> PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the MainFrame object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.

So this is a “PyDeadObjectError” exception raised from the file named
above. Judging by the path, it seems to be code within wxPython.

You should ask for further help on the wxPython forums. You should also
contact the author of the top-level code you're running. Good hunting.

--
 \          “The entertainment industry calls DRM "security" software, |
  `\         because it makes them secure from their customers.” —Cory |