[Tutor] mySQL and Python

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:53:08 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM, James Chapman <james at uplinkzero.com> wrote:
> One of my pet hates about this list... "This is a tutor list, your question
> is out of scope". Sure there might be better places to seek answers, and
> sure maybe the first responder doesn't know the answer, but that's not a
> reason to respond with that phrase. This list is a called python tutor, not
> python beginner, even if the large majority of the questions are beginner
> questions. The fact that people can ask any python related question is one
> of the things I like about it and wish that other languages had similar
> lists.

I understand the need to warn a questioner that this list *might* not
be the best forum for their question; however, I fully enjoy these
types of posts as often even if I don't fully understand what is being
discussed, I still can cull valuable information. Also, sometimes
something *clicks* and I am able to solve an issue that has been
baffling me for a while. Plus it gives me thought to what to study in
the future...

--
boB