[Tutor] Fwd: Kivy Install

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 17 20:54:03 EST 2015

On 17/12/15 18:06, peter mcfarlane wrote:
> Hi,
>      I don't know if this is the correct forum,

Not really, this is for folks learning the python language
and its standard library. kivy is a bit outside that remit.
But pip isn't so...

> ...I am new to Python and
> trying to install Kivy.  I keep getting the following error message.
> Can you help?

I'm no expert on Kivy and only a basics guy on pip but...

> c:\users\edge\appdata\local\temp\pycharm-packaging0.tmp\kivy\kivy\graphics\gl_redirect.h(8)
> : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/glew.h': No such file or
> directory
>    error: command
> 'C:\\Users\\edge\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Common\\Microsoft\\Visual C++
> for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2

Do you have Visual C++ installed?

It looks like its trying to use it to compile something...
But thats just a guess.

I've just noticed another reply saying there are binary
versions of kivy. If so I'd also recommend that route.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site