[Tutor] Question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 4 10:51:53 CEST 2015

On 04/08/15 05:21, Lulwa Bin Shuker wrote:

> I'm currently learning Python through an online course but after learning
> the basics of the language I need to apply what I learned on a real project
> and start practicing it. How can I do that ?

Do you have a project in mind but are not sure how to start?
Or do you not know what kind of project to attempt?

There are several options but the best one is to find some
kind of repetitive task that you perform and automate it
using Python. Something you get a personal benefit from.

If you just want to practice Python then you can attempt
the Python Challenge which is a kind of adventure game
for programmers. The tasks get progressively harder as
you climb up through the levels.

<PLUG>
If you are struggling to know *how* to tackle a project
that you have in mind you could try my latest book
"Python Projects" which is designed to get beginners
over that initial hurdle by showing how to structure
applications and use the library.
</PLUG>

HTH
--