[Tutor] Windows "feature" I don't understand

Clayton Kirkwood crk at godblessthe.us
Mon Aug 3 04:14:33 CEST 2015

In a former life, I played the part of a system manager in a number of Unix
environments, which I really liked. Now, I am stuck using Windows and don't
get into the innards much. I ran into a problem in my program, which we have
been discussing, which is windows-caused. I originally set my directory in
my code to /users/Clayton/Pictures by memory that that was the name of the
directory in windows. My code worked using the directory. I then noticed
that my "real" directory as listed by windows explorer was /users/Clayton/My
Pictures. I changed it in my code and nothing works. /users/Clayton/Pictures
doesn't show up in explorer even tho I've set to display hidden files,
system files, etc. I dropped down into dos and lo and behold, Picture exists
but there is no My Pictures. That explains why pictures worked, but I don't
understand the discrepancy for the differences, why My Pictures doesn't
work, etc. My Pictures is not a link in explorer.

Any shed light would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Clayton