[Tutor] sample dictionairies

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:49:27 CEST 2015

For randomly generating data which look like addresses, I use:

> http://www.generatedata.com/
>
> While it has 'export to programming language' as a feature, Python isn't
> one of the supported languages.  Which is fine.  It can export into comma
> separated values, and writing a Python program to construct a dictionary
> from comma separated values is easy.
>
> Laura

That's a great source, and I can generate dictionaries using the other
advice. If you don't request comma delimited, each record per line has   |
as a field delimiter, so making big dicts was easy. Naturally, I tried
emailing one of the addresses - aliquam at Nunc.org - but it appears to be
dead ;')

Come to think of it, since I used  |  as a delimiter, what happens if you
generate a CSV file from data that already has commas in the text?

--
Jim