[Tutor] Question about scraping

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:25:15 CEST 2014

Hey all. I've been meaning to get into web scraping and was pointed to
the directions of lxml (library) and scrapy (framework). Can I ask in
terms of web scraping, what's the difference between a library and a
framework? Surely everyone should use a framework but I get the idea
more people use the available libraries like lxml over scrapy. Any
advantages or disadvantages for each? And which do you use out of the
2?

I also have another question due to reading this: "[Tutor] HTML
Parsing" . It seems some experienced coders don't find scraping as
useful since web sites offer apis for their data. Is the idea/concept
here the same as scraping? And is there any use of scraping anymore
when sites are now offering their data?