[Tutor] Help Noob Question

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Fri Mar 28 17:33:54 CET 2014

* Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> [2014-03-28 16:27]:

> Create a folder on the desktop, or even in the home directory.  A much
> nicer place than the drive root — and a much modern way to store it
> (drive root sounds DOS-y)

I'll have to disagree with this statement. Dropping all your files in
you Desktop directory puts all the files ON the Desktop, which quickly
becomes a mess.  Regardless of whether it's a new directory at the base,
or a new directory under your User directory, you should at least have a
dedicated directory to put the files.  I'm not discussing the merits of
one place over the other, just that simple organization is a good thing.

Put it wherever you want, but at least keep it organized.  Dropping
everything in Desktop is not organized.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com