[Tutor] FASTA parsing, biological sequence analysis

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Mar 25 16:55:57 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 03:36:12PM +0000, Sydney Shall wrote:
> I did not know about biopython, but then I am a debutant.
> I tried to import biopython and I get the message that the name is unknown.
> I am using Enthought Python 2.7.3on MAC OS X10.6.8.
> Where and more importantly for me, how do I find and import BioPython on
> to my machine.

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=download+biopython

which leads to this:

http://biopython.org/wiki/Biopython

If you read the installation instructions, they have instructions for
Macs. I don't know how much experience you have, I suggest you read the
instructions then come back with any questions. (We're not really Mac
experts here, or at least I'm not, it's been 15 years since I've used
one, but we can try to help.)

--
Steven