[Tutor] Are These Resources Good Enough To Learn Python 3?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 18 11:57:13 CEST 2014

On 18/06/14 06:27, Brandon Price wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to programming and I've tried to learn in the past but I gave up
> easily.

> Learn Python within 1 month

That's achievable, at least to a working level.
Expert takes a tad longer.

> Questions:
> 1. Which one of these resources would you recommend I use:
> http://www.alan-g.me.uk/l2p/index.htm or
> http://www.python-course.eu/python3_course.php

OK, I'm biased...
But tutorials are very personal. Some people like a lot of explanation
about the background and theory. Others like a lot of hands on and don't
care about the 'why'.

My tutorial focuses on teaching programming in general while using
Python as  the example language. The other tutorial you cite focuses
on teaching Python and as such gives a deeper study of the language at
the expense of missing some of the wider issues. both will teach you
enough to stat writing your own programs and be able to read and
understand the documentation.

But the most important thing for you is which one matches your preferred
learning style.

> 2. Once I learn Python, what next?

Use it! Find a project and write some code.
If you can't think of one find someone else's project and
lend a hand.

That will probably require you to learn other new technologies
such as HTML, network programming, databases and SQL, graphics,
statistics, and so on... Once you start programming the learning
never stops.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site