[Tutor] Python 2 Vs python 3

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 09:33:09 CEST 2014

*> From:* idiallo.spsu at gmail.com
*> Sent:* Sunday, July 13, 2014 9:16 AM
*> To:* Python Tutor Mailing List
*> Subject:* [Tutor] Python 2 Vs python 3

> I am in the process to dive into python and start learning it. But most
books
> advice to install python 2 instead of ‎python 3. Any advice from the ones
with
> the experiences and what is the main difference?

Everyone's given good reasons for each version and where to start. This, as
you can imagine, is also an FAQ which is asked several times a year, so it
may also be worthwhile to search the archives to see what has been said in
the past.

I also answered this question on Quora
<http://www.quora.com/Python-programming-language-1/As-someone-interested-in-learning-Python-should-I-start-with-2-x-or-go-straight-to-3-x/answer/Wesley-Chun>and
provided several references as well as a few talks I've given in the past
on the subject.

Cheers,
-- Wesley
"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com