[Tutor] Instead of *.TXT I would like to use *.CSV exported from Excel

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 08:19:38 CEST 2014

On 04/07/2014 06:44, Mitesh H. Budhabhatti wrote:
> Hello Mario,
>
> I think if you are facing the problem with shuffle, can the below
> solution help:
>
> import random
> import csv
> f = open('D:\\py.csv', 'r', newline='', encoding='utf8')
> csvreader = csv.reader(f)
> l = [row for row in csvreader]     #we get rows in the file as a list
> using list comprehension
> random.shuffle(l)
>
> Thanks
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mitesh H. Budhabhatti
> Cell# +91 99040 83855
>
> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Mario Py <mariopy at gmx.com
> <mailto:mariopy at gmx.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > OK, I'm finally getting closer.
>  >
>  > Code bellow (looks like) works if I comment out shuffle part
>  > But I need it to shuffle so I get random picked words.
>  >
>  > How do I get shuffle part to work?
>  >
>  > from random import shuffle
>  > import csv
>  >
>  > print('Write translation of Slovene word ')
>  > print()
>  >
>  > out=open('c:\\prevedi.csv', 'r', newline='', encoding='utf8')
>  > data=csv.reader(out)
>  >
>  > # shuffle(data)
>  >
>  > for line in data:
>  >     question, rightAnswer = line
>  >
>  >     answer = input(question + ' ')
>  >     if answer.lower() != rightAnswer:
>  >         print('Correct is: %s.' % rightAnswer,)
>  >         print()
>  >

I appreciate you trying to help out, but please don't top post on this
list, it makes following longer threads very difficult, thanks .

Slight aside, it appears from "cell#" that you're in prison.  Is that
the case, or did you actually mean "mobile phone number"? :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---