[Tutor] server / client program

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 1 09:32:35 CEST 2014

On 01/07/14 01:12, Ant Parris wrote:
> Hi, I am new to python and i am stuck on a lab I am working on. below is
> the lab instructions for creating a server and client program.
>
> 1) Both server and client program run continually
> 2) until no me ssage is coming in the server. It means if a client hits
> the return key with no text
> 3) Then both client and server programs terminate.
>
> Please help as soon as possible.. Thank you!

We need to know a bit more about how much you know.
Thus is a reasonably advanced lab so it looks like you have already
covered the basic language structures like loops and conditional
expressions?

So which bits of the lab don't you understand? Have you
written any code yet? If so let us see.

Meantime, which bits of the lab are you 'stuck' with?
Do you know how to build a client (of any kind not
just a networking one)? Do you understand what clients
and serves are?

Do you know how to send a message from one program to
another over the network?

We won't write your code for you but we will help you
fix the code you write. But we need to know what the
starting point is.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site