[Tutor] how run it on python 3

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 01:35:05 CET 2014

On 21/01/2014 00:05, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> But you should not translate your scripts by hand -- there's a tool called
>> 2to3 that does the legwork for you.
>
> S Tareq has asked this question just a few days ago.
>
>      https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2014-January/099466.html
>
> Most of us here have not yet gone entirely senile yet, so we still remember.
>
> In that thread, we asked the original questioner why they were having
> difficulty.  But S Tareq responded in the way I would expect out of an
> automated answering machine: that is, not at all.  This is not
> encouraging: either he or she did not understand the question, or they
> ignored the multiple requests for clarification.
>
> In which case, I can only suggest: please read and respond to what
> other people are asking you.  Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of
> asking a question: that is, to communicate.

Seems more likely that they didn't like being told not to send flaming
great big screen dumps when a couple of lines cut 'n pasted would have
been enough.  Which I had to look up, but trying to follow the threads
on PEPs 460 and 461 was rather hard work and my health isn't the best :(

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence